Dr. Flavio Guzman
- Brand name: Invega Trinza
- Approval date: May 18, 2015
- Indication: Treatment of schizophrenia in patients after they have been adequately treated with 1-month paliperidone palmitate extended-release injectable suspension (Invega Sustenna) for at least four months
- Efficacy trial that led to FDA approval  : One randomized, multicenter trial with N=506 patients, measured in main outcome : time to relapse
- Use Invega Trinza only after the patient has been adequately treated with the 1-month paliperidone palmitate extended-release injectable suspension for at least four months
- Should be administered once every 3 months.
Initiate INVEGA TRINZA™ when the next 1-month paliperidone palmitate dose is scheduled with an INVEGA TRINZA™ dose based on the previous 1-month injection dose as shown below.
- Berwaerts, J., Liu, Y., Gopal, S., Nuamah, I., Xu, H., Savitz, A., … & Hough, D. W. (2015). Efficacy and Safety of the 3-Month Formulation of Paliperidone Palmitate vs Placebo for Relapse Prevention of Schizophrenia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA psychiatry
- Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) extended-release injectable suspension. [Prescribing Information]. Titusville, NJ Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Accessed May 2015